Monday, October 1, 2007

Trail work, and such

Spotted Knapweed
Hiked and biked around the Idaho City place this weekend. The recent rains made the trails perfect and the weeds pulled pretty good. We have decided that no one else is doing anything about the weed problem and some of the trails I ride are so remote that I just plan on stopping for a break in an infested area and pull as much as I can. After hunting season I will take my bicycle trailer out and pick up all the beer cans. The trails were pretty clean before people started scouting for game. There is a steady trail of Coors lite in the deer creek/elk creek area. I also managed a motorcycle ride first time I have ridden off road in about a year felt pretty good. Don't think I will make a habit of it as I like the quietness of mountain biking better. Good weekend all around. Well if you see this nasty weed please help get rid of it and pull it.
Thanks
Jimbo

No comments: