Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Warm up vacation




Spent a few days in Montana, I am calling it a warm up vacation as we are headed back in a few days. So this was kind of like stretching out before a long run. It was forty degrees when we arrived outside and in. The next day it warmed up nicely and the rest of are time there was quite pleasant. We had Gracie with us and she and Sky had a great time. Took the laptop and used it more than I thought I would. It was nice to have music and I also took many pictures on our hikes and could share them with Ruth my mother in law. She is unable to hike like we can but, seemed to enjoy the pictures. A good trip even though the fishing was not that great. Plan to take a bike next time. My plan is to take the Sojourn. I have taken the fenders off and ordered some 35c Kenda Cross supreme tires. They should work well I almost bought some 29er tires as I think a 2.0 will fit. I will try it someday but I know that for the fire roads up there these will work fine and they are about half the weight of the stock tires. This thirty five pound bike is a little heavy for everyday use. Striped it down a bit but even without racks it's 32 lbs. Realistically think with lighter tires maybe a different wheel set. I can get it to a more reasonable 30 lbs. with racks. That is the goal I guess.

No comments: