Sunday, June 8, 2008

Riding along

Just riding along here. Cruised up half Bogus this morning. Felt like a slug. I have been riding but not climbing hills very much definitely not been pushing the pace up. We will have a working sprinkler system this week and are heading up to Montana on the weekend. Many things are cutting into training time but, I have no events to train for and have resigned myself to getting all the houses fixed up this year. Next year look out I plan to focus on training and racing something. Not sure if I will race mountain bikes or road. The local mountain bike series needs to change a bit before I race it again. Less races away from Boise would be a start. With the entry fees and licence and travel it gets expensive. They also need to have a one day licence for experts. I would do the Soldier Mountain race this year but, am not going to sand bag in sport class like other people and I am not going to buy a yearly licence for one race.

Took a load of gravel from the Boise house to Idaho city. Another load or two and I will have made a nice sitting area out front. Went on a small mountain bike ride nice ride but, slow climbing. Sure like my Titus up there it's 32 lb weight doesn't help the climb but, it descends like a scalded dog.

No comments: