Sunday, May 18, 2008

First Charity Ride

My first charity ride. Paula and I rode to the start, the ride, and home. She was leaning towards driving to the event but it only added about fifteen miles to the ride. For a total of 87 miles. I rode the San Jose having a little front bag was nice and it is much lighter than my daily ride. The ride was well supported and even had some food at the end. They did a great job especially liked having vegetarian burgers available at the end. Most people forget about us non-meat eating types.Today we hiked the Table rock area early to avoid the heat. Saw a nice buck and lots of birds. Brian asked me if I would ride in to work tomorrow after the long ride. What else would I do? If I drove all the time and went for a long drive on the weekend you wouldn't ask me if I was driving in. It's like MnBicycleCommuter said" it's what I do". Just like the rest of the world that hops in their cars I hop on my bike.

No comments: