Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Quit yer Bitchin'



Reading allot about the price of gas and getting a little tired of it. It costs more now. Low fuel prices are not a right they are a privilege. That now is gone, get over it and rethink your life. I have been falsely accused of being a tree hugger for years and I finally came up with a good response "don't confuse my being frugal with actually caring or trying to save the planet".
Above are a couple of pictures of my typical frugality's. Top photo is the set up I use to take my recycling back. It's free money and riding the bike is faster to the recyclers than driving. I don't turn down the interest I make at the bank and what I make off of recycling my cans is about the same.
The second picture is of the San Jose with a line locater that I rented on it. Another trip less than five miles done by bike.
So my basic plan of life is now catching on and for once I am ahead of most of the herd. I rarely drive during the week and save my gas money for fun stuff. Like going to Montana over the long weekend like I always do. I didn't change anything about this trip and we had a great time. Next weekend I will not be driving to Driggs to ride as driving that far to ride don't make sense to me. I will however ride around here lots. Mountain biking tomorrow and off Friday again because of no work. Have lots of home projects so I will be working. It has been pointed out to me that even taking every Friday off without pay I still make more than when I was cooking.
So quit bitchin' about gas, ride more, and eat well.
jimbo

No comments: